2017 Boy's U15 Train to Train Regional Program (athletes born 2002, 2003, 2004)
SELECTIONS - BOYS U15 and U18 REGIONAL PROGRAMS 2017
Program Hours: target 20 hours from February - April
Training Schedule: please see 'Players' - 'Training Schedules'
T2T Regional Festival: May 7-9, Surrey, BC. 'Tournaments - Athlete Program Events.'
Program levy: $326. The levy will include field & indoor facility rental, coach & manager honouraria, sport science, Kukri clothing, equipment, and the Spring Regional Festival. Does not include food/accommodation at the Regional Festival.
The Boy's T2T Regional Program is endorsed and supported by the Field Hockey Canada National Program and will be led by Field Hockey BC coaches and supported by Field Hockey Canada National coaches.
Regional athletes train for 20 hours (February-April) and participate in the spring Regional Festival. Provincial Team selections will be taken from the Festival and National Championships will be held in summer 2017.
Those selected to Team BC will train during May to July (target 30 hours) with possible competition at the India Club Tournament in June, and participate at the National Championship. Please take special note that ONLY athletes within the Regional program will be eligible for selection to Team BC.
- Vancouver Island (Victoria and Mid-Island)
- Northwest (Vancouver and North Shore)
- Southeast (Burnaby, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Richmond, Surrey)
- 20 hours of on-field training with certified FHBC coaches
- Sport Science
- Early identification opportunity for Team BC (summer)
- Participation at the T2T festival in spring
Training Locations (subject to change)
- Lower Mainland – Tamanawis Park in Surrey, Eric Hamber/UBC in Vancouver, Rutledge in West Vancouver
- Vancouver Island – University of Victoria
FHBC Coaching Leadership
Program planning will be directed by FHBC Provincial Coach, Susan Ahrens, and includes ongoing communication with the Field Hockey Canada National Program to align our respective yearly training plans. FHBC's Lower Mainland Regional Coach will oversee the Boy's Train to Train Regional Program on the Lower Mainland. Krista Thompson (Island Regional Coach) will lead the program on the Island. Additional coaching staff resources will be allocated to ensure a high quality of instruction for BC’s keenest young athletes.
Susan Ahrens – FHBC Provincial Coach
- Former National Team athlete for Scotland, Junior and Senior Scottish National Team coach, Level 3 EHA (English Hockey Association) with a masters degree in coaching studies and a PHD in progress
Krista Thompson – Regional Head Coach - Island
- Former National Team athlete for Canada, Assistant Coach of the UVic women’s field hockey team, FHC Junior and Senior coaching experience, FHBC coach mentor, NCCP certified level 4 along with a Masters in Coaching Studies